Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Garden Harvest for Monday June 20th, 2011.


We started out this week harvesting two pickings of Swiss chard for a total of 4 pounds.


I can't wait to make stuffed Swiss chard leaves.





We also were fortunate to have our sweet banana peppers sufficiently mature to harvest four peppers weighing a total of 3.25 ounces.






The blueberries are doing very well. In two days we picked a total of 6 1/2 ounces of fresh organic blueberries from four small bushes. Many times that amount are still on the bushes under the bird netting.


That concludes our harvest report for this week.

Happy gardening to all, and thanks for visiting!
Veggie PAK


7 comments:

  1. Pretty harvest!! Ooooh, stuffed swiss chard leaves. Is it like making stuffed cabbage? I'm intrigued!! Do tell!! I'm always on the lookout for recipes for my swiss chard. I just made some refrigerator pickles with the stems that I saved. We'll see how that tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent harvest of swiss chard. Those blueberries though are the show stealer - YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could do a blogpost about your stuffed Chard leaf recipe? I'd like to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueberries oh yum. I want to make some quiche from my Swiss Chard. I think I'll get a chance on Thursday, but maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great harvest. What do like to stuff the leaves with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That swiss chard looks so yummy! It's one of my favorite greens. Hope you'll post the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, the refrigerator pickles from the stems sounds tasty! Sometimes it's hard to find a recipe where you can use the soft leaves along with the hard stems in the same recipe.


    kitsapFG, I agree! The blueberries really steal the show!


    Mark Willis, I'll be doing a post with the recipe soon.


    Daphne, I need to try my hand at making quiche. It sounds delicious.


    Kelly, I like ground beef and pork, but you really can use whatever you enjoy the taste of. I'll post the recipe soon.


    Journey11, Swiss chard is loaded with vitamins! I will post the recipe.

    Thanks to each of you for visiting and sharing your comment with me.

    Happy Gardening!
    Veggie PAK

    ReplyDelete